Friday, January 23, 2009

Book Club


This was our latest book club book. The book was okay, it would have been helpful when I was in management. The interesting thing about this book is part way through the book you get a code and you go online and answer a lot of questions and they give you your 5 top strengths. It was a great discussion on how the strengths fit us, we spent most of our time discussing each others characteristics then anything in the book. Oh well.
My top three strengths were harmony, responsibility and discipline. I think that is why I have such an internal struggle. I do really want everyone and everything to be in harmony, I will do about whatever I can to avoid conflict. However I am controlling in the fact that I like routine, things done a certain way, I don't like surprises, I like planning ahead to the point of obsessiveness, etc. Overall, the book was interesting and it reminded us to look at people's strengths rather than their weaknesses.

No comments: