Sunday, February 15, 2009

This and that about Zach

Last weekend, we had some friends stay with us for the weekend. Their son, Brevin and Zach had a great time playing the Wii together.
They had fun playing baseball. I am big advocate for the wii. I just love that it gets the kids (and me) moving. In the winter, I find it hard sometimes helping them release their energy, but the wii helps.

This past week, we had parent teacher conferences. They have it set up so the student goes with you and they read to you and write a sentence for you and the teacher goes over their progress. I have so much admiration for teachers and feel like Zach has a really awesome one. Zach continues to loose a few "behavior crayons" a week for various things, but mostly talking when he is not suppose to. However, his teacher never mentioned that (until I brought it up), she just focused on his positives.


Zach loves playing his Nintendo DS. It was money well spent at Christmas. At times, we have to ask him to take a break from it, otherwise we may never see the whites of his eyes. Cale enjoys watching him (notice the cold hot dog in his hand). Zach also continues to use the head set that was prescribed to him this past summer for his sensory integration dysfunction. We attempt to have him listen to it twice a day, with breaks on the weekend. We can notice when he hasn't been wearing it, I am not sure how it works, but Eric and I are believers. I am not sure if I have written about this remarkable device, but somewhat briefly we have special CD's that he listens to that are suppose to help reorganize his brain electrical pattern. There is no actual scientific proof, because no one is willing to have their child's head cut into, but the testimonies (including ours) seem to be proof enough. When you listen to the CD, it's classical music but they have rhythmic sounds behind the music - to me it sounds like sharpening knives. They use these head sets for kids with what Zach has along with ADHD, bed wetting, poor sleep habits, autism and many other things.



A winter Saturday morning, (note: clothing is still optional for Cale), Cale playing his Leapster (handed down from Zach) and Zach playing his Nintendo DS. Do you think there will be any exercise or conversation today? Yes, eventually they both will put down their games, run around the house and give their mom some much needed hugs, because her boys are growing up too fast.




2 comments:

TJ said...

I love the table picture! Cale and Pearl are soulmates. Pearl hates clothes.

Daren gets on a kick to keep her dressed at home every month or so, but the hour fight to get her dressed followed by her stripping down the first free moment isn't worth it.

At least she stays dressed at school....

Betsy said...

They do grow up too fast, don't they? I love these posts.