Today is the first day of Second Grade for Zach. We met his teacher on Monday night and went to Zach's classroom- he seems real excited to get the new year started. We also went to see his first grade teacher- it choked me up to see him give her such a big hug and how kind she was to him. It always takes me by surprise when I see people that aren't family or close friends give my boys hugs, sometimes kisses and see genuine compassion for them. I remember the first time it happened I picked Cale up at daycare and one of his daycare providers gave him a big hug and kiss, I thought- what are you doing, but then I realized while my boys are apart from me, they are able to have bonds with others, which I think is a good thing. Here's to praying and hoping for a fabulous year!
Maybe next year I will remember to have him not look in the sun- oops!
The Grant Street Kids are all growing up. I think we all better enjoy these days, it won't be long and they will all be teenagers and driving cars- yikes! Cale wanted to be in the picture, even though he has one more year to wait. Cale will spend this year at Mercy Day care where they have the preschool curriculum included. I think I will really miss having the kids across the street from work and seeing all the wonderful teachers we have gotten to know over the past 7 years.
All the kids and parents waiting for the bus. The bus stops 3 houses down from our house- very convenient.
This quick look back at mom, did it for me, the tears came. They are growing up so fast and you love them so much, soon they aren't going to be my little boys anymore. I did take the day off and Cale is home with me and he helped us get back on track to enjoy our Mommy and Cale day. So far, we went to the dentist- left with a good report, then we went for doughnuts (what I did with my mom growing up), did some shopping, ate lunch at Subway and now he's waiting for me to play the Wii and some games with him. That will keep my distracted as we wait for Zach to get out of school and here how is first day went. I hearing him calling for me . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment