Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hanging out

It's been less than a month since Eric and I were in LA and at times it seems like a life time ago. In case you haven't read my facebook status, I am at home hanging out waiting for my knee to heal. On Feb.12, I woke up looking forward to the weekend ahead. That changed rather quickly. Eric was still limping around from a calf injury earlier in the week, he was on crutches for a few days. Cale wasn't feeling very well, which usually means he is going to throw up soon and that he did. I was helping him in the bathroom on my knees, a little crooked, well when I went to up, Pop, Ouch, Oh my goodness, my knee really HURTS BAD. We went to urgent care and the doctor was fairly confident it was a torn meniscus. By Wed., my knee wasn't any better, I couldn't get it to straighten out or bear any weight on it. so we went to an ortho doctor. The doctor gave me a shot of cortisone, unfortunately didn't help. Had an MRI that afternoon and tomorrow I will find out the results and what we will do next. Even thought the doctor had told me not to bear any weight on that knee this past week, which I have done "pretty good" with, but I have to keep testing it out. It does feel better than last week, so that is good news and now I just have to wait until tomorrow. Saturdays in January and February have been filled with basketball. Cale's season was cut a little short with his broken arm, but for the times he did go, he did enjoy it and could see much improvement from last year.
Eric was the coach of Zach's team. There last game is this Saturday. It is through the Ankeny Park and Rec so they don't keep score, but improvement is seen.
I have really appreciated the way all three boys have helped out around the house. It is frustrating to me to be on crutches and unable to get the things done that I like to get done. Another lesson in patience for me.

2 comments:

TJ said...

Hope all the walking wounded heal quickly! I am not looking forward to our 40's!

Betsy said...

You guys have had a run of bad luck! I hope you ALL are feeling better soon!