

It's been a little ugly at our house this weekend. We decided to do it, to get rid of Cale's 'bite' (that's what he has always called his pacifier). We have talked about and tried several times, but Eric and I are big softies and can come up with a hundred reasons to let him keep it. But, for some reason, on Friday night I decided it was time for him to be done. Zach and I were home with him and we collected them all and put them in a baby sack and told him he needed to put them in the mail box and the stork would come by and pick them up to give them to the babies. Well, I think he may never like a baby again. At one point last night, as Cale is crying and screaming for his bite, Zach looks at me and says "Just give it to him and wait until he is 3" Believe me I wanted to, but he is so attached and I don't think he is the kind of kid that will just be done with it, I think he would have it as long as we allowed it. He made it through the night last night without waking up, which shocked me, but he was awake around 5 looking for it, we made a trip to the mailbox, he was not impressed to see his bites gone and a sack full of doughnuts (his favorite) and a Diego toy. Today, he has been doing okay, he'll cry for it, but it doesn't last as long. We were rocking in the chair and he says, "I don't want to get big, I want to stay 2" It breaks your heart, but it's for the best, right?
2 comments:
Oh, you won't catch slack from me. Pearl still has a paci at bedtime. Shhhhh. Other than the obvious negatives, I don't think there is any permanent damage until they have permanent teeth.
Pearl is such a horrible sleeper, it takes us 2 hours to get her down with a paci. I do need to ax it soon, though. I am tired of looking for those things.
With Mable, we cut off the tip of the paci. She got ticked off, threw it in the garbage, and that was that. I have considered the "paci fairy" idea.
Awww, poor little Cale! I know it had to be just as tough on the rest of you as it is on Cale....but within a few more days, all will be well again.
He looks so darn cute in that pic of him with his 'bite' in his mouth.
I love the reasoning you gave Cale.
Post a Comment