Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Funerals make you think

Eric's uncle passed away last Thursday unexpectedly. We went to his funeral yesterday in Garner. His name was Calvin and he was in his mid 70's. The church in Garner was packed and we were told the visitation had a line a block long to get inside. He was such a nice man, I regret not knowing him better. His funeral made me really think about trying harder at being a better person. So many people had so many wonderful things to say about him. He was a devoted husband, father, friend, Christian. He really seemed like he had it together. I do okay in some areas of my life, but I think/know I have a lot of areas to improve. I am sure his family is really going to miss him, but they seemed at peace knowing they will see him in heaven again.

No comments: