The inside of a geode.
After we hammered.+002.jpg)
Before we hammered.
Zach is quite interested in rocks, crystals and minerals. A coworker of mine had some geodes from when her son was small and gave them to us. Zach and I hammered and pounded away on what looked like a dirty old rock, but inside each of them was some type of crystal looking thing. By Zach's expression you would have thought they were valuable diamonds (I wish they were). I will have to admit, I knew zero about rocks, mineral and crystals, but I am learning fast as I read all about them to him. For his birthday next week he asked for a rock collection start up kit (among many other things), I am anxious to give it to him, because looking at that stuff brings him so much joy. I have a little hard time relating, as a child I knew all about accessorizing a Barbie doll, but rocks, I missed out on that! However, I will have to admit, it is a little interesting and I will look and learn about rocks any day over playing Power Rangers and Transformers.
1 comment:
Mable was very fascinated by your pictures. I had a niece very interested in rocks for a long time, so I have purchase several rock-related things.
In OK, there are salt plains where you can dig for salt crystals. We have wanted to go, but it has been closed for two years. They found live army ammunition rounds or something to that effect from it being an old testing area.
You should go to the Diamond mine in Arkansas. Maybe we will go there while still in OK.
Post a Comment