
Happy Early Thanksgiving to Everyone. A time of year to be thankful for so many things. We truly are blessed. I enjoy Thanksgiving and I am looking forward to getting together with family. Eric considers Thanksgiving as his favorite holiday- no shopping and great food. With that being said, I will say thinking about the Thanksgiving meal(s) makes me very anxious and the reason being is sitting down and eating Thanksgiving meal(s) does not bring out the best in my kids, especially Zach. Zach is a resistant eater. The nutritious stuff that he is willing to eat is very minimal. We have tried lots of different things to try and get him to eat, none of which has been successful. The multiple times I have brought it up with our family doctor, she just states try your best, he's 100% in height and weight and is a very healthy kid, so not much she can do either. Not long ago, he was so excited, because he decided to try a grape, this is a BIG deal for him. Eric and I sat and watched, he first sucked on it and then he tried to bite on it and he almost threw up, he began to cry saying "I want to, but I just can't. " So, as everyone piles their food on their plate, I bring along some sort of food for Zach to eat and if that was all there was too it, it wouldn't be so bad. However, the smells get to him too, so he doesn't want to sit near the food either. And then all the comments and the looks- is that all he's eating? don't you want to try some turkey? I sit there and smile on the outside and say politely, He is a picky eater and on the inside feel like a failure because I can't get my child to eat. So, this Thanksgiving, during the prayer, I will thank God for all that I have been blessed with and pray the Thanksgiving meal will go by as fast as possible, so I can enjoy the rest of the time with our families!
Happy Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
Mable isn't so much picky as a light eater. What can you do? If we have a Mexican party or something to go to, I feed the kids early and just them eat chips at the event. I am sure that reflects well on me. ;)
Post a Comment