Sunday, November 16, 2008

Women's Retreat


My mom and I had the opportunity to go to a Women's Retreat with my church. We left Eric, the boys and dad behind at our house on Friday night. The retreat was held at a Bible Camp outside of Story City. There was about 80 other women and the theme was Celebrate! We slept in cabins, just like we did at Bible Camp. Nine women were in our "quiet" cabin, but I don't think anyone got too much sleep. Sat. we had food, speakers, singers and small group time. It was great to spend time with mom and to meet other women from the church. There was lots of interesting things that I could share about the retreat, but one thing that sticks with me is that we all have struggles. Sometimes, when I go to church I will see people and think, man they really have together and I feel so inadequate. But, at this retreat, people let their guards down and I saw some of those same women- struggle just like I do trying to balance the many things in life. And the good news: God care and wants to help us with that. Another thing I will have to say, my mom did great, she had never been to anything like that, she was one of the oldest women and she really seemed to enjoy herself- for that I am glad. Also, when we got home, the men we left behind seemed to be doing amazingly well- maybe I should do that more often????

2 comments:

TJ said...

Sounds like fun! I am seriously contemplating a weekend getaway by MYSELF! The girls can be difficult for Daren when I am here, but I think they would do OK if I wasn't around. They are just so used to me doing everything for them. No daycare, DD has traveled extensively in their lifetime, etc.

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

Oh my dear...one thing is for certian, we ALL have sruggles in life, no one is exempt! I'm so happy you had quality time with your Mom! Gods blessings to you!