Our first trip to Las Vegas was in 1999, our sisters, Sherri and Lynne went with us.
When we went in 2003, I couldn't bear the fact of leaving Zach behind, so Zach went with us along with my parents.
Next week Eric and I are going to Las Vegas the 7th time in our 10 years of marriage. I am really looking forward to it, even though I start to get a little sick feeling in my stomach because I will miss the boys, but breaks are good and I always come back recharged.
Las Vegas again, why you may ask? Well first of all I am first to admit that Las Vegas is not for everyone and they don’t call it “sin city” for no reason. But, once you look past all the gambling, the little men handing out baseball sized cards of mostly naked girls to ‘call for a good time’ and the half naked girls walking around, Eric and I have found a place we enjoy going back to and here are our some of our reasons.
-Flying and staying in Vegas is relatively reasonable and convenient. We leave from DM, arrive in LV within 3 hours and take a cab to our motel. We don’t have to have a rental car, we like the direct flight and they are always running great air/motel specials.
- You can enjoy Vegas without gambling. However, we do spend a couple of hours gambling each time we are out there. Eric will play black jack and I will play nickel video poker. They have never received very much money from us, we usual break even or up or down a few dollars. To us, it’s playing games, something we love to do.
- The weather has always been perfect for us. We usually go in May or Sept, I hope I am not jinxing us, but I have never seen it rain there. 90’s in the day- no humidity- perfect pool weather and 70’s in the evenings. We pick our motel based on if it has a fun pool, we spend a significant amount of time there- reading our books and enjoying the sun.
-. I love walking up and down the strip there, we go by things that are replica’s of the Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower, Venetian Water ways, pyramids, castles, volcanoes, etc. It makes a couple mile walk go very fast, not to mention all the people watching we can do.
- There is always something to do: we have our favorite things like hanging out at one of the dueling piano bars. There is some really talented musician there and they play a lot of music we both like, it’s really fun to watch and did I mention it’s free. The other thing we do almost every time and that’s stop by a local grocery store, pick up something to drink, put it in our backpack and hang out by the Bellagio fountains and watch these beautiful fountains dance to music about every 15 minutes. We watch the fountains, have our drinks and have heart to heart talks- I love this.
- Each time we do try something different and there is always something new. We have gone to Cirque de Soleil show, comedians, magicians and ride the roller coaster on top of the Stratosphere. This time we are going to the live stage version of “The Price’s Right”- I will let you know when we get back how that goes.
- At the last reason, on why Vegas, I will be honest I would love to go on a cruise or to the Caribbean, but I just can't be away from my little buddies too long, so this is a compromise- a few days of R and R, warm weather, fun times and then back to what I love the most.
1 comment:
I (obviously) have a soft spot for Vegas too! There are tons of fun "non-traditional" Vegas things to do. And as far as rain...just avoid August and January...those are the monsoon months (which is laughable), but it definitely does rain :) Have fun! Happy 10th Anniversary!
Post a Comment