I can hardly believe Zach turns 7 today, where does the time go? It doesn't seem like it was that long ago and we were waiting in the hospital for him to be born. Seven years later and I know more about
dinosaurs, outer space, bugs, rocks and
pokemon all from my intelligent 7 year old. Before I was a mom- I thought about all the things I would be able to teach my kids, I never dreamed that I would learn so much from them. Zach not only teaches me about all the facts he knows about various topics that I knew nothing about, but I learned about a kind of love that you feel like you would die for them and you place their needs way above your own needs. I learned even more about patience- waiting for them to sleep through the night, to smile, then to walk, to talk, to tie shoes, to understand basic rules and the list goes on.
As I think back to the past 7 years with Zach- I just can't help but smile. What a nice young man he is growing up to be! I am anxious to see what wonderful things his future holds- Eric and I joke with him about how he going to be a detective or something that deals with details- he has a memory for facts and notice subtle changes like no one else I have ever met. For now, he says he wants to be a teacher when he grows up and I think that is wonderful too!
Happy Birthday Buddy!

Almost 7 Years Old

6 Years old

5 Years old
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Zach!
Happy Belated Birthday! I just realized I missed a few posts when we were out of town.
Post a Comment