Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Cale!

Once again I find it hard to believe how fast time is going- Cale turns 4. It seems like yesterday- Eric and I were in shock that we had yet another miracle on the way. Cale arrived on November 6 at 12:41 pm, he weighed 7lbs 9 ozs and was 21 inches long. He came 3 weeks early- we always jokingly give our friend Chuck credit for helping me go into labor. Eric, Chuck and I were at our good friends house in Grinnell and we were in a poker tournament and then on the way home late that night- Chuck and I started talking about politics and I was getting all worked up and we were even on the same side. That's when the contractions began and hours later the arrival of our bundle of joy- Cale Matthew Josten.

What can I say about Cale that I will want to remember down the road. Especially since I not doing that well at keeping up on his scrapbook. The first thing is that he such a lover and cuddler just like this picture shows. On a frequent basis- he will ask us- come sit by me in the rocking chair- just so he can cuddle with you- I love that. He is super soft hearted, if I raise me voice at him to scold him- he falls apart- sobs to the point I get worried he's not going to breath. There has been many times- he will walk to our "naughty couch" and sit himself down for a little time out. He loves his big brother, he is always wanting to wrestle with him, even though almost 100% of the time, it ends with Cale crying, but he initiates it day after day.


3 1/2 years old


Other things I want to remember- he talks constantly and I do mean constantly- if he's quiet I start to think a- he's about ready to fall asleep or b- he's getting sick. He talks about what's going to happen on the days of the week, his friends at daycare, he counts, he sings, he makes up stories and the list goes on and on and on.



Almost 3 years old


Cale is also in love with his dad. He wants to be just like him- there's many mornings and evenings that Cale has to change his clothes so he can be wearing the same color is Eric. If Eric has his shirt off- so does Cale, if Eric has his bedtime clothes on- Cale needs to get his bedtime clothes on and they have to be the same color as Eric.




No comments: