Saturday, March 20, 2010

Big Boys Having Fun

I think this may be Eric's favorite time of year! He works so hard and with all the pressures of life it is so much fun to see him let loose and act like a kid again. The NCAA tournament is the cover for him to invite friends, take days off a work, have his parents watch the boys so he can have some much needed belly laughs and act as if there is not a care in the world. Friends since early elementary school. They may all be in there mid 30's and professionals, but if you were in my basement last night you may think you saw some over grown junior high boy playing.
I could tell my age, while watching this all play out- I had to cross my legs so I wouldn't pee my pants from laughing so hard. That didn't happen years ago!

What on earth you may ask! Well during the NCAA games we play games. One of them being poker. Well, who wants to take your friends money when instead you could torture them with a dare. Thank goodness for pause and DVR. We still didn't miss a second of basketball- just the commercials.


They would come up with the bet- making modifications for me of course- no one needs to see me shirtless! We would play some poker and the bottom two players had to do the dare. Everyone was such good sports taking the punishment of being the looser. My prayers last night were of gratitude, "Thank you for good cards"





Good, clean and innocent fun! It feels so good to laugh, be goofy and silly- we need to do it more often. I for one get too serious in life- this is just exactly what I needed!


No comments: