An hour from now tip off begins for 4 straight days of basketball. The brackets are filled out, the snacks are bought, the house is picked up, the friends are invited and now it is almost time to veg out on the couch and cheer on our favorite teams- waiting for upsets and Cinderella teams to emerge.
It’s an annual event at our house from the beginning of Eric’s and my relationship- brackets filled out and wagers are made. When Eric and I fill out our brackets- we flip for who gets the first pick and the other person has to pick the opposite- so we are always cheering for the opposite team- so every game is valuable. Our wagers have varied over the years- never monetary – it doesn’t make sense since it comes from the same account. Thing like making meals, back rubs, cleaning duties, getting up with the kids (when they didn’t sleep through the night) and free time. This year- if I win- Eric gets to watch Mama Mia with me and he hasn’t picked a movie that would torture me yet just in case he wins.
This year- Zach and Cale are joining our friendly competition during the NCAA tourn. I will be curious to see how their picks turn out. We directed them a little on the number 1 and 2 seeds- letting them in on the fact that most often they will win, but after the Number 1 and 2 seeds were picked- the rest was free game. We would tell the names of the two teams and they would pick. They based it on if they have ever heard of the state before or if they thought the name sounds funny. I think Cale would have picked “BUTTler” to be in the finals- just because he could say BUTTler without getting in trouble. Our family wager- picks the place we eat and all the games we play for the next family night.
7 Life Saving Tips About Real Estate Broker
7 years ago
1 comment:
It looks like a lot of potential for upsets this year. Daren and I did brackets - I told him if I won, I get a entire Saturday without kids.
Post a Comment