Eric and I had a get away just the two of last week. We went to Los Angeles, California. Neither of us have been to California and Allegiant Airline flies directly there out of Des Moines. We got a reasonable flight and I was able to find an Embassy Suite Hotel with a great rate and that's how it started. While we were there we spent two days around the beach/ocean. The first day we walked a couple of miles along the beach and took in the 70 degree temps, the beautiful homes and watched in awe of the surfers. The other day we spent by the ocean, we rented a tandem bike and biked at least 25 miles to the Santa Monica Pierre. I loved that! Another day, we took a tour with Starline Tour company, they came and picked us up and took us to Hollywood. We toured Warner Brothers Studio and a two hour drive where the stars live and hang out. The Warner Bros tour was very interesting- highlights included sitting on the set of Two and Half Men, saw the old set of Friends. The Star tour was also fun, even though you could get see a lot of the houses because they are tucked behind trees and fences. The highlight was that Bob Barker came out of his house and talked with our tour group. I didn't think I would be very much affected if I saw someone famous, but I got getty over seeing Bob Barker, I am a little embarrassed, goodness sake what would I have done if it was actually someone. Well, that about sums it up. I loved this vacation and did have me wonder that if our families weren't all here, would we want to live some other place. I will have to admit I LOVED the weather and there isn't much I like about winter, but well I don't have any reasons other than this is where we belong and it won't be long winter will be done.
7 Life Saving Tips About Real Estate Broker
7 years ago
2 comments:
Glad you had a good time! I like the warmer weather, too. I can't imagine living up north when we are old!
Love the pictures! Looks like Bob Barker was telling you get out. :)
Post a Comment