Sunday, June 12, 2011

125 Year Celebration of Ramsey Reformed Church










This weekend I went home to my parents and we attended the 125 year celebration of Ramsey Reformed Church. I enjoyed this way more that I thought I would; spending the time talking with people Saturday afternoon and Sunday. It felt good to go some place where you just felt like you belonged. The church I grew up in is full of many great memories- I was baptized, confirmed and married there, accepted Jesus into my heart there, played with friends and my cousins there and said good bye to my grandparents there. I don't think I appreciated it as much as I should have.




I think about my boys and what will they remember growing up. We go to a church with 800 people in attendance, they will most likely have over 400 people in their graduating class, will they ever have that same sense of belonging as I did this weekend? What will they remember about their childhood? Questions that will keep me pondering this week.




And one more thought regarding this weekend. I feel like things are always changing in our life here, our jobs, we meet new people, new stores, new roads. But, while in church this morning and the choir sang- it was almost the exact same people that sang twenty years ago- stability and consistency- I miss that sometimes.


No comments: