Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day of School 2011

It didn't seem like that long ago, I was crying because I couldn't have kids, now look, I am crying because they have grown up too fast! Brothers looking sharp on the first day of school. I couldn't possibly love the two of you more!

Cale was ready to start his first day of Kindergarten today. He was more ready than I was. He didn't seem bothered by anything. After he got on the bus, Eric and I went to the school to make sure he knew where to go, Cale's comment- "You're not coming here tomorrow, are you?" I teared up when I took a picture of him in his Kindergarten room, as he puts his backpack in his locker, he says to the first boy he sees, "Hi, What's your name? My name is Cale" He is more outgoing then Eric, Zach and me put together. I can hardly wait for him to come home and tell me about his day.

Zach was ready to start third grade today. Last night, I asked him what he was feeling- sad, happy, nervous, excited, worried, etc. His response, "I'm 99% excited and 1% nervous." I always worry the first couple weeks of school- hoping and praying they have good teachers and make great friends. It's hard for me with the boys being in such a bigger school then I was. Each year, they have only about 5-7 kids from the previous year, so each year is kind of new.

Waiting for the bus to come.

The kids of Grant Street. It's so fun to see these kids all grow up together!



No comments: