
We waited all summer for our family vacation to the Wisconsin Dells and it was worth the wait. It was such a fun family get away. We spent three nights at the Dells and spent the 4 days we were there primarily at the Wilderness Resort. We loved it there. Three major indoor and three major outdoor
waterparks. The days flew by as we spent the days in the water. It would have been ideal if the temps were a little warmer- but we were still able to enjoy.
I love the ages of the boys! We were all able to wait in line together and ride the tube rides and they had several family inner tube rides we could ride on together. There were two rides that were a little extreme and the boys were old enough to wait together as Eric and I were able to try them- which we loved by the way.

Each outdoor park area had fun things to do- like this rope thing, also slides, lazy rivers, basketball, volleyball and plenty area just to swim.

Cale doing a belly flop. I love this picture- mainly because it makes me smile, but also because I actually caught it, so many action shots I try, I am seconds late- you would just see the splash or nothing.

Zach's a lot like me- prefers it warm, but when we were a little chilly outside, we would find our towels and warm up or Zach's favorite- find a hot tub.

Cale loved the body slides, maybe do to the fact- he had to sneak on. The rules say 48", Cale is 46". Some of the workers paid more attention then others. A good parent would make him follow the rules, but hey he knows how to swim and we knew he would be safe, so we made a call. Just hope we don't hear, but I broke the rules at Wisconsin Dells when I was five . . .

Zach's favorite place- the indoor and out outdoor hot tubs. They were more like warm, small, swimming pools. It did feel good!

One of the several slide areas and lazy rivers.

Zach waiting for waves. This was my favorite part, an indoor wave pool, with natural sun light coming in. A bit of the ocean- in Wisconsin.

Cale loved being right out in the middle of it.
We really didn't do anything else in the Dells except some go carts. There is plenty of stuff to do and see, but we were having so much fun at the Wilderness, didn't feel the need to go anywhere else. We hope to go back again.
Another thing I want to remember- I know this may not be a big deal for some people, but my kids are screen kids- they love there tv, ds, wii etc. We didn't take Zach's DS along and on the 5 hour car ride on the way home the dvd player didn't work and guess what as shocked as Eric and I were we had a good time on the car ride- both ways. We talked, we played games, we sang and most of all we survived!
No comments:
Post a Comment