Friday, September 12, 2008

Brotherly Love

Suppertime last night:

Cale very tired, refusing to sit at the table for supper, sitting on the floor pouting. We have asked him repeated times to come eat supper, at least 10 minutes had gone by and we were now choosing to ignore Cale on the floor. Zach is done eating by now and is ready to go out and play with his friends, Cale follows Zach to the door and Cale asks Zach, "Can I go out and play with you" and Zach says to Cale, "You have to eat your supper first" Cale walks back to the table, sits down and started eating. What do you say to that?

Cale has always loved being around his brother Zach, but Zach not always so much. However, recently the two of them have been playing more together, which I love to see. The reason I think Zach likes playing with Cale better now: Cale goes to the bathroom in the bathroom (for the most part). I think Zach was grossed out that Cale went to the bathroom in his diaper. Zach never wanted Cale's bottom near him. Zach likes things clean and he has forgotten he used to wear diapers at one time.

2 comments:

TJ said...

Oh, the power of siblings! The girls went through about 6 months of playing well together. Now, they are in a tattle-tell phase.
:(

- Tara

Sandy.in.IA said...

Great job Staci! I love all the pics that you are sharing!

JUST when you think you have the boys all figured out...they will sure as heck surprise you with something else! "/ Parenting...the hardest most wonderful job there is! =)

Sandy