Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fun at Adventureland Inn

Once a year we meet up with a group of friends (6 couples and their kids)at a water park. It was a group of guys that Eric worked with at his first accounting job. Before we all had kids, we would hang out monthly or more, but with kids, job changes, moving and general business of life it's tough to get together. This year we had plans on going to Omaha and staying there, but due to several reasons we decided to stay in Des Moines and check out the Adventureland Inn. The motel worked out well. No traveling and the kids got to swim, no exciting water slides like at some of the other water parks we have stayed at, but the kids didn't seem to mind.
I noticed when I got home I didn't have any group pictures or pictures of the 10 kids in our group.- Dang


Zach really seemed to gain a lot of courage this year. He has always loved the water, but didn't care so much for it in his face. Not any more, he would stand under the little buckets and he went under the water without seeming to mind. We are ready for swimming lessons this summer.

I think he went down the slides a 100 times. He was caught by surprise the first couple times he went under, but then did just fine. The life jacket worked great, because he could swim around independently.



Every once in a while you have to see a scary picture of me, but just to make sure there is a picture or two of me around just in case. In hind site, maybe a picture of me with clothes on would have been a better idea. Oh well!




Cale, of course didn't want to be left out and went down the slides also. We caught him at the end and he would say from the top, "You catch me", "Yes, Cale I will catch you," "Promise mom" I may have accidentally not caught him a couple times in the past when we were swimming, but I promised and no accidents this time.

1 comment:

TJ said...

Looks like fun! I love your suit ~ you look awesome as usual.