A conversati0n with Zach after prayers last night
Zach: why do we love God anyway?
Me: (Dear God, help me to say the right words to my little concrete thinker) Because God created you and me, all the people and the whole world and He loves us.
Zach: did he create bad guys?
Me: Yep, but they didn't start out as bad guys, they just made a lot of bad choices and that is why your dad and I and God always want you to try and make good choices
Zach: they must have the devil in their heart (bad guys)
Me: you're right, that's why God sent Jesus to help us and to forgive us if we make bad choices and that is why Easter is one of my favorite days, because Jesus died for our sins
Zach: (interrupting me) I know mom and on Easter he is alive again, you have already told me that.
I find it challenging to explain God/Jesus/Christianity to Zach. He likes everything to make sense and to be quite honest - it doesn't always make sense, but I have just had faith and believe it. But, how do you explain it to a 6 year old???
Another story- this happened last year when Zach was in preschool. I went to pick him up and his teacher asked me, "Did Zach have heart surgery of some kind" I was confused and of course asked why and she said, "Zach told me that he had a real heart and a fake heart." Well, I couldn't help but laugh, because a few days earlier when we were talking about having God in our heart- Zach was wondering how he could fit and where did he sit in his heart. Well, because I didn't know how to explain your soul and spirit- I quickly thought (without thinking)- well we have a real heart that beats and pumps blood to our body and a fake heart that is where we want God to be to help us to the right things. Well, in hind sight I should have explained it a little differently.
Does anyone else have any good ways of explaining it all or know of any good resources????
7 Life Saving Tips About Real Estate Broker
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment