Monday, June 29, 2009

Another Fun Summer Weekend (in reverse)

(I put the next 3 post in reverse chronological order- sorry)
On Saturday evening, we headed to Bancroft and spent the night with my parents. It was nice to be home, it had been awhile, but it always feels good to be there.
(My immediate family) On Sunday, we had the annual Gray reunion. It's my mom's side of the family- I love to get together with my aunts and uncles and cousins, I just wish we could do it more often. I have such admiration for my Grandpa and Grandma Gray- there are many reasons, but one of the main reasons is they raised seven of the nicest and kindest people you could meet. They all married 7 wonderful people- they laugh together, tease and have fun. And then each of them had kids- and in my opinion all the grand kids turned out well also. I just know for a family to be this blessed that Grandpa and Grandma are sitting up in heaven, praying for us and all of our good fortunes
(The seven kids with their spouses- youngest to oldest)In my calculations, all 7 siblings were there along with their spouses, 15 out of 21 grand kids and 25 out of 28 great grand kids,pretty cool to see all of us, all because 2 people fell in love!
(The First Cousins)The day was spent eating great good food, wonderful conversation, games of softball and volleyball.


Cale thought his newest cousin was pretty sweet, only a couple weeks old, Scarlet.



No comments: