This past weekend was Summer Fest in Ankeny. A group of us from the neighborhood decided to give the sand volleyball tournament a try. We were pretty excited when we won the first match and we moved on in the tourn. Our only practice is in the backyard of one of the neighbor's, playing in the grass with a net less than 5'5" off the ground was not quite enough for our next match. We held up pretty good in the first game to a group of "kids" at least 10 years younger, better in shape and obviously play sand volleyball on a routine basis. But, in the end they beat us. It was a double elimination tournament and we regrouped before the next team. They beat us in the first match, but we came back to win in the second match, the tie breaker we just couldn't hold on. It was a lot of fun and we hope to do more tournaments in the future together.A few things I realized, I am a lot better in my head than I actually am. I kept thinking I can get that ball or I can move that fast and would be short of reaching the volleyball, my legs just didn't quite move the way I though they used to, what is happening?? My body or my memory??
No comments:
Post a Comment