Sunday, March 28, 2010

Surprise

Last night, I drove up to Algona to take part in a surprise 40th birthday Party for Sherri and Jay. (sorry about the picture quality) Sherri and Jay were truly surprised. It was so fun seeing their expressions. It still cracks me up- when Jay was telling us that he thought going out to eat at the Chinese Restaurant was his idea.
Even Lexy knew about it and kept it quiet. She made them think they were taking her out for supper to celebrate her accomplishment of getting a "1" at the solo contest that day- (way to go Lexy)








I wish the boys could have been there to help celebrate. But, we had things going on Saturday and Sunday mornings- and 5 hours in the car and 3 hours in a restaurant most likely wouldn't bring out the best of my energetic children. It's been awhile since I had been in the car by myself other than going to work- I jammed out all the way up and back- I am surprised I have a voice today.




3 comments:

TJ said...

Happy Birthday, Sherri!

I drive very seldom by myself. It is nice to have the peace and quiet.

Betsy said...

Awww...How fun! Happy belated, Sherri and Happy Birthday to Jay too!

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

I love a good road trip...singing all the way!
Great surprise!!!
Happy Birthday, Sherri!