Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The birds and the bees- not yet?




First of all, it's shocking, but our sea monkeys are still alive and multipling. But, the issue came up with Zach and I last night as we were feeding them.
Zach: Look mom those two sea monkeys are stuck together?
Me: You are right (to myself- what is going on here, wow they are preparing to reproduce)
Zach: Why are they stuck together?
Me: Good question (to myself- oh crap- what am I going to say)
Zach: They must be brother and sister.
Me: I am not sure they are brother and sister (no more questions please)
Zach: We need to get more food for the sea monkeys
Me: Your right, I will order some tomorrow (Thank goodness that conversation is over)
I know I have to become prepared, but just not yet!


3 comments:

TJ said...

Inbreeding sea monkeys.....very interesting. ;)

Judy & Steve said...

Staci, this story reminds me of when Joan was little. She had collected two plump green caterpillars in a jar to take to school in the morning. Next morning she exclaimed that one was a boy and the other a girl. Oh no, I thought. I looked on with some trepidation and asked her how she knew that? Well, one has a mustache! Whew!

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

okay, when a man and a woman or sea monkey fall in love.....